This article assumes that you've already purchased the branding upgrade
If you HAVE NOT purchased it yet, but would like to know more about it, click the button below.
If you HAVE purchased it, then I'm very excited, because this is so cool, and you're going to love it.
And here's a step-by-step video tutorial below showing you how to set it up.
How to Rebrand a Leaflet in 4 Steps
- Upload your logo and fill out your company details in the My Account > Branding Details tab
- Navigate to the Brandable Content area and choose the piece of content you'd like to rebrand
- Click on the PDF in the Media Contents box (right hand side of a screen on a desktop/laptop or at the bottom of the article on a mobile device)
- When the pop-up appears, asking if you'd like to rebrand the content, click YES. This will generate a rebranded PDF in a new browser window which you can then print out or download and save to your computer.
I've put a test PDF in the media contents of this article so you can try it out, and still stay on this instructions page. Just click the image link and see what happens.
Different Layouts Based on Field Lengths
The system will use field lengths to automatically determine the best layout of your branded banner (these settings are fixed and can't be overridden).
If your Company Name and Website fields are each less than 32 characters in length (inc. spaces) and your company name fits on one line, it will look something like this:
If your Company Name and Website fields are less than 32 characters in length (inc. spaces) but your company name is longer than one line, it will look something like this:
If either your Company Name or Website Address is greater than 32 characters (inc. spaces) it will turn into 3 longer lines and one line will disappear. By default this will be your email address.
However if you would rather have your email address appear, and lose for example the telephone number, just delete the content in the phone number field under the Branding Details tab, and the email address will then show up.
If you leave one of the four featured fields blank, it will default to the three line format. However, if they are short lines, the text will move to the right, just to balance things out a bit. It will look more like this....
I'm not seeing a pop-up box asking me if I want to rebrand my logo
That means you've probably got pop-up boxes disabled on your web browser (ie. Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari). You need to re-enable pop-ups on your browser. Just do a search on Google for "enable pop ups on [insert name of browser]" and you should find some simple instructions you can follow.
What image format is best for my logo?
We need either a jpeg/jpg or a png file. If you try and upload any other file type you should get an error message, or you may get knocked out of the site on to the landing page. If so, just log in again and upload a jpg or png file and you should be fine.
What image size is best for my logo/I'm getting an aspect ratio error what do I do about it?
In terms of sizing - most of the time it doesn't really matter, our system will resize to fit. The optimal size is a 740px wide by 300px high logo.
If you have a square image, that's also fine too.
In most cases our system will be able to resize your logo perfectly for you, but occasionally an image will defeat our little bots and you may get one of the following things happening:
- Your logo will be over-cropped around the edges ie. part of the edge/s of the image will be cut off
- If you upload a really large image, it might only show a section of it
If this happens, here is a short video showing you how to fix it.
I want to have a colour banner but my logo appears with a white square around it - how do I get rid of it?
This means your image isn't transparent, and you have a background behind your logo (even if you can't see it). So you need to get rid of that background and make it transparent. That sounds hard, but I've found a super-cool, super-easy way of doing this in less than a minute using a free online picture editor called LunaPic.
However, if you really don't want to do it yourself, or the outcome isn't as good as you expected (and your original logo designer won't do it for you for free), then I would recommend using Fiverr (the graphic design outsourcing site to find someone who can do this for you cheaply).
Go to fiverr.com and search for 'transparent background' or click this link which is the search results for this process which is the search results I got, you'll see people who will do this for less than £5 so most probably a lot cheaper than your designer will (unless they do it for free!).
What can I do with this branded material?
Here's a quick fire list of 10 things you can do TODAY with this branded content (but you're only limited by your imagination):
- Print it out (or have it professionally printed) and hand it out to clients
- Print a range of different leaflets out and put them on literature displays like these in your waiting room
- Send them by email to clients or...
- Post them to clients you haven't seen in a while who you don't have email details for
- Share them with local businesses who may have related (but non-competing) services or products (ideas include sport and fitness shops, health food shops, GP surgeries etc.)
- If you have a local notice board in your newspaper shop or supermarket, pin some on there so people can take a copy
- Distribute them at local events or meetings you attend
- Organise a presentation or seminar (or marketing kits include off-the-shelf presentations) and hand them out as supplementary material
- Find places where people stand and wait around, like train stations or pay-and-go coffee shops - remember if you can add value to the related business, they're likely to be happy to do stuff in return
- Find a nearby gym which doesn't have a linked therapy service, and give them copies to distribute
I also did a couple of other videos which may or may not be helpful depending on the state of your logo and your artistic flare ;-)
How to Optimise Your Banner Settings
And lastly a couple of quick shortcuts
- This link will take you to all the brandable content (pre-filtered)
- And this link will take you to the Patient Resources organised by type (as long as the item you choose as the tag 'Brandable' you'll be able to brand it
Happy rebranding. I'm really excited for you to start using this feature because the results are brilliant.